About Our NZ Lavender Oil
Every summer over 110,000 Lavandula angustifolia plants – the “True lavender” - turn our Canterbury farm purple with a spectacular show of flowers. These flowers are the source of NZLavender's specialised hypoallergenic, pharmaceutical-quality lavender essential oil - known for its soothing, healing and balancing properties. There are many different types of lavender, but our special variety of “true lavender” has been selected for its unique oil properties. As a result, our NZLavender oil is highly sought after as arguably the world's first hypoallergenic, pure unadulterated lavender oil.
While it may be cheaper to buy other lavender oils from overseas, in particular Bulgaria (where most 'French lavender oil' is produced), our NZLavender oil is a superior quality product with unusually high proportions of beneficial ingredients and characteristically low proportions of undesirable ingredients. These desirable qualities are due to a combination of naturally occurring factors and careful distillation and storage. We are proud to be producing such a high quality, naturally low allergen lavender oil in commercial volumes.
Visit YouTube to see Rural Delivery's programme on NZLavender Farm
10 key points about NZLavender
- 100% grown and distilled in New Zealand
- 100% pure and natural – nothing added and nothing taken away
- 100% True lavender - Lavandula angustifolia – the most effective and safest of all the lavenders
- Arguably the World’s first hypoallergenic lavender oil
- Ideal for use on delicate skin, due to its unique low allergen and low irritant composition
- High levels of the healing components in lavender, so perfect for aromatherapy
- Non GMO (GE/GM free)
- Tested each year by independent laboratories
- Wonderfully balanced, smooth and gentle, long-lasting aroma
- Attractively packaged in a blue glass bottle and box – the perfect gift
Now exporting to 18 countries worldwide.
The NZLavender Production Team
We have carefully selected a unique, naturally occurring cultivar of Lavandula angustifolia found in New Zealand, and applied precision distillation methods and storage techniques in order to produce our special lavender oil. We do all the farm work – the planting, the weeding, the harvesting and the distilling - and draw on our extensive agricultural, scientific and pharmaceutical knowledge to ensure NZLavender produces oil to the highest international standards.
The Security Team
Farm security is provided by our two Border Terriers; Lapin & Milou